The organizer SANZAAR said on Wednesday that South Africa will continue to work on the rugby championship for the next ten years.
There were rumors that the world champion might want to join the Six Nations League eventually, but after the announcement, all plans will end.
Before this, South Africa withdrew from this year's rugby championship due to concerns about player welfare, leaving only Australia, New Zealand, and Argentina to participate in six games.
SANZAAR said in a statement: The rugby powers of the southern hemisphere have realized the need for change in these hard times and are committed to realizing the future of international rugby by 2030.
SANZAAR CEO Andy Marinos added: As we move in new directions, the re-commitment of the four unions to the long-term future of international competitions is an important beginning.
The interruption in 2020 is huge, but despite numerous setbacks and the complexity inherent in our vast territory, we managed to keep the game alive.
Due to the impact of the coronavirus pandemic, the four-nation governing body of SANZAAR is facing turmoil this year. New Zealand Rugby (NZR) seems to coincide with South Africa and Australia in the future of club-style super rugby games.
Due to the pandemic, New Zealand, Australia, and South Africa have decided to host domestic Super Rugby matches this year, and since travel restrictions may still exist, they may have to do so again in 2021.
South African bosses voted last week to transfer their four Super Rugby franchises to the expanded PRO16 competition.